How Do I Change My Life Beneficiary?
We’ve made it easier to make changes to the beneficiaries in your State Farm® life policy.
Find an Agent
Simply fill out page 7 of the life policy Request Letter [PDF-321.9KB] and return it to us. You’ll only need to return this page.
Keep in mind these important items while you complete this form:
- Enter all information (Policy Number, Insured Person, etc.) at the top of the form.
- Relationships to the insured must be stated.
- If Stepchildren are included in the class designation of ‘children,’ they must be named individually.
- The policy owner must sign all requests regardless of which insured’s beneficiaries are being changed.
- Please note that a separate form is required for each insured person who will have a changed beneficiary.
Submit a Change Request
Choose one of three ways to return page 7 of the Request Letter. Remember not to submit your actual policy with this form.
- Print, sign, and take the form to an agent’s office.
- Mail the form to Life Operations:
State Farm Life Insurance Company
Bloomington Life Operation Center
P.O. Box 2364
Bloomington, IL 61702-2364
- Fax the form to 740-364-4576.
For policies purchased in NY and WI, fax to 740-364-4577.
For help with beneficiary changes to Variable life products, contact the Variable Operation Center at 888-702-2307.
For more information about life policies, contact your local State Farm agent.
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)