Survivorship Universal Life Insurance — Leave a Legacy of a Lifetime
Survivorship Universal Life Insurance covers two people, and pays a benefit only after both have passed away. Since it costs less than two individual permanent policies, it's an affordable option to leave a larger nest egg for your heirs or favorite cause. 
Get a Life Quote
|Coverage||Starting at $250,000|
|Issue Ages||20 to 90 (20 to 78 in CA)|
The Survivorship Universal Life policy can assist in planning for the following needs:
- Funding a special-needs trust — For those needing extended care, life insurance can provide the funds to pay for expenses when caregivers are no longer living. Learn more about a Special Needs Trust.
- Charitable Giving — Maybe you have a special place in your heart for a certain charity. With Survivorship Universal Life, you can truly make a difference.
- Business transition planning — Life insurance can help provide the funds needed to orderly transfer ownership of a business. For family-owned businesses, it can help make sure those interested in continuing the business can do so, while providing for non-interested heirs.
- Help preserve your estate — Even if you have dipped into your assets during retirement, the policy will leave death benefit proceeds that generally pass income-tax free to your beneficiaries. They could use the policy proceeds to help offset federal estate taxes, keeping your estate intact.
- Build tax-deferred cash value — The growth in cash value is federal tax-deferred and it can be accessed for a variety of personal needs.
- Flexible premiums — Raise or lower premiums, depending on your changing needs or financial situation.
- Affordable — Since the policy pays only after two people have passed on, it usually costs less than two whole life or universal life insurance policies.
- Tax-free death benefit — No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare Policies
Find an Agent
This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy. For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions; or to apply for coverage, contact a local State Farm agent.
There are limitations and conditions regarding payment of benefits due to misrepresentations on the application or when death is the result of suicide in the first two policy years.
With Survivor Universal Life it is possible that coverage will expire when either no premiums are paid following the initial premium or subsequent premiums are insufficient to continue coverage.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
Each insurer is financially responsible for its own products.