Let us help guide you through your business insurance claims
State Farm® is here to help you effectively manage your business insurance claims.
You can help speed along the process of reporting a claim by keeping a detailed inventory of business property, including photographs. To start the claims process, contact your State Farm agent.
Reporting a business insurance claim
- Take reasonable steps to correct potential safety risks and prevent further damage.
- Keep an accurate record of your repair expenses.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired, and check with your claim representative before discarding any items.
- If desired, obtain repair estimates from experienced contractors; if your loss is eligible, you may be interested in our State Farm Premier Service® Program.
- Major damage may require contractor/engineer inspections.
If someone files a business insurance claim against you
Should any party allege that you or any insured under your policy is responsible for bodily injury or property damage, report your claim and State Farm will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations. Subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, State Farm Insurance will adjust those claims in which you may be legally liable.
Settling a business insurance claim
- We'll pay to repair or replace your damaged property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Check with your State Farm agent or claim representative for complete details.
DisclosureState Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.