No one takes care of your food store like State Farm®
You want your food store to be the best in the business. That's why you need Food Shop Insurance from State Farm. Talk to a State Farm agent to find the coverage that meets your needs.
There are many distinctive features available in the Food Shops Business Insurance Policy:
- Property – Cover your building(s), improvements, contents, equipment, and inventory from a covered accidental direct physical loss.
- Liability – Coverage against costly claims and lawsuits covered under the policy arising from property damage, bodily injury, or personal and advertising injury.
- Food Contamination – Loss of Income – Provides coverage for business income, direct damages, and additional advertising expenses if your business is ordered closed by the Board of Health or any other governmental authority as a result of food contamination.
- Loss of Income – Protection in case your operations are suspended due to a covered loss.
- Spoilage – Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to perishable goods caused by mechanical breakdown, power outage, or refrigerant contamination.
- Equipment Breakdown – Coverage for damage to covered property caused by mechanical breakdown of covered equipment, artificially generated current damaging covered equipment, explosion of steam boilers or loss of steam/hot water boilers.
- Employee Dishonesty – Coverage against direct physical loss to business personal property including money and securities resulting from dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Backup of Sewer or Drain – Coverage for losses to property at the premises caused by water which backs up from a sewer or drain located in the interior of the structure.
Customize Your Coverage
- Data Compromise and Identity Restoration – Provides coverages that work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, becomes a victim of identity theft.
- Hired Auto – Helps to protect for insured's legal liability arising out of the maintenance or use of a hired auto by the insured or insured's employees.
- Ordinance or Law – Covers the loss of value and increased cost due to the enforcement of municipal laws or ordinances regulating the construction or repair of damaged buildings caused by an insured loss.
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements. Contact a State Farm agent for more information and a customized quote.
Identity Restoration and Data Compromise not available in: RI.
Food Shop Insurance is not available in Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
Identity Restoration and Data Compromise are options available for an additional premium.