State Farm® is the largest insurer of automobiles and homes in the United States. The Actuarial departments ensure customers are charged premiums commensurate with the risk transferred to the company, while meeting the financial needs of the company.
Search Jobs and Apply Now
The actuarial internship program includes 11 weeks in a training environment where interns experience practical actuarial assignments. Interns have the opportunity to participate in professional and personal development sessions, including enhancing public speaking and presentation skills. At the conclusion of the internship consideration for full-time employment may be given. Internships are available in:
- Property & Casualty: Interns are assigned an individual project, one with broad pricing implications, a research project on a P&C emerging hot topic, or a project to help manage catastrophe exposure.
- Life/Health: Interns are assigned an individual project. Past projects have included experience studies, assessments of product profitability, and model conversions.
- Majors in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, and/or Computer Science, depending on the position
- A 3.5 minimum GPA overall and in math courses
- Successful completion of one actuarial exam
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel in particular) and with Object Oriented programming language (Java, .NET, etc.)
- Location: Bloomington, Illinois
- Dates: May 21, 2018 to August 3, 2018
- Interns may qualify for housing stipend assistance through an application and committee review process. A stipend application will need to be submitted by the intern candidate to determine eligibility.
- 38.75 hour work week
- Hourly Rate:
- $19.00/hour* for first-year interns
- $20.00/hour** for returning interns
- *First-year interns: $0.95/hour increase for each exam passed
**Returning interns: $1.00/hour increase for each exam passed
How to Apply
Visit www.statefarm.com/intern to search for internships and apply!