Once your car (or the one it replaced) has been with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company for at least three continuous years without a chargeable accident during this period, you will receive a discount. This auto insurance discount may increase over time if the policy remains in force and there continues to be no chargeable accidents.
You may be eligible for this Minnesota auto insurance discount if the insured vehicle is equipped with a qualifying anti-theft device.
Minnesota drivers could save 10% on applicable coverages.
You may be eligible for a discount for taking a defensive driving course if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Are the principal driver of the vehicle
- Are at least 55 years of age
- Have voluntarily completed within the last three years a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course
- Such course must have been approved by the Commissioner of Public Safety and certification presented to the Company
Discount Term and Renewal
The Defensive Driving Discount (DDD) will begin at the inception date (new policies) or is applied midterm as of the completion date of the course (existing policies). DDD applies for a period of three years, at the end of which, the insured must provide evidence that the course has been successfully repeated to renew the discount.
Termination of Discount
DDD expires on the first renewal date following three years from the course completion date unless State Farm receives evidence of recertification.
If you have questions about a course being eligible, please contact your State Farm agent.
You may be eligible to receive this auto insurance discount if each of the drivers in the household has had no moving violations and no at-fault accidents during the past three years. The private-passenger vehicle receiving the discount must also be insured with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.
NOTE: All driving history will be verified at the time an application is submitted for car insurance. This discount may be replaced with the Accident-Free Discount once you have been a State Farm customer for three years.
All assigned drivers under 25 who are full-time students in high school or at a college or university, and the scholastic records for the immediately preceding school semester show that this student meets at least one of the following:
- Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class
- Had a grade average of B or higher
- Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Made the Dean's List or Honor Roll
Drivers who have earned an Associate's degree or equivalent and have a qualifying scholastic record meeting one of the above requirements may be considered. Drivers who have earned a Bachelor's degree with or without a qualifying scholastic record may be considered as well.
Home study students may be eligible if they submit evidence they have taken certain national standardized tests, administered within the last 12 months and ranked in the upper 20%.
Proof of eligibility is required when an application for insurance is submitted.
You may be eligible for this auto insurance discount if you meet all of the following criteria:
- There are two or more private-passenger automobiles primarily driven by persons residing at the address.
- The vehicles are insured with State Farm.
- The owners of the vehicles reside in the same household, and A) are related by marriage, blood, or adoption, or B) for two unrelated owners, they must jointly own the vehicles and both be designated as named insureds on the policies.
1993 and prior vehicles equipped with a factory-installed air bag or other passive restraint system which meets federal safety standards will receive an auto insurance discount.
In order to initially qualify for this discount, the following requirements must be met by all assigned drivers under age 25:
- Have no at-fault accidents or moving violations in the three year period prior to the time the discount is initially applied (NOTE: In some states certain accidents and moving violations may not disqualify you).
- Have successfully completed the State Farm Steer Clear program. The program includes video content regarding safe driving behaviors and requires the driver to track some of their driving experiences.
This discount applies to a vehicle when each of the assigned drivers under the age of 25:
- Is a student who resides at school more than 100 miles from home.
- Drives the automobile only while home during the school vacation or holiday periods.
- Keeps the automobile at home while away at school.
1994 and newer-model-year private-passenger vehicles may receive an auto insurance discount based on the claim history of the make and model of the insured vehicle.
Discounts and their availability may vary by state and eligibility requirements. Not all vehicles or drivers are eligible for discounts.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.