Car Insurance for Teenagers
Looking for car insurance for teenagers? State Farm® can help you with your teenage driver insurance needs. Add a new teenage driver to your existing State Farm Auto Insurance policy and find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area.
Get an Auto Quote
Add a New Teenage Driver to Your Auto Insurance Policy
- To add a new teenage driver to your auto insurance policy, you can:
Call your agent, or
Log in to your account on statefarm.com
If you do not have a customer ID, please register now
- If you are not adding a vehicle, the new teenage driver usually needs to be rated as a primary driver on one of the family vehicles.
- Your insurance rates will typically increase when a new driver or teen driver is added to a policy.
- Talk with your teenager about safe driving, as well as how traffic violations will affect your rates.
- If you are buying a new vehicle, you may want to consider which vehicles get the lowest rates.
- Consider getting a Personal Liability Umbrella Policy (PLUP).
If you or your teenage driver accidentally injures someone or damages their property, you could be sued.
Even though your underlying policies may provide substantial liability limits, it is not uncommon today for juries to award damages that exceed those limits. Coverage amounts are written in increments of $1 million and supplement your present policies to provide additional personal liability protection.
Find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area, such as a Good Student Discount.
For more information about teen driver safety and tools for new drivers, visit teendriving.statefarm.com.