Car Insurance for Teens
State Farm® can help you with your teenage driver insurance needs. Add a new teenage driver to your existing State Farm Auto Insurance policy and find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area.
Get an Auto Quote
How to Add a Teen Driver to Your Auto Insurance Policy
- To add a new teen driver to your auto insurance policy, you can:
Contact your agent, or
Log in to your account on statefarm.com®
If you do not have a customer ID, please register now
- If you are not adding a vehicle, the new teen driver usually needs to be rated as a primary driver on one of the family vehicles.
- Your insurance rates will typically increase when a new driver or teen driver is added to a policy. Find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area, such as a Good Student Discount or the Steer Clear® Safe Driver program.
- Talk with your teenager about safe driving, as well as how traffic violations will affect your rates.
- If you are buying a new vehicle, you may want to consider which vehicles get the lowest rates.
- Consider getting a Personal Liability Umbrella Policy (PLUP).
If you or your teen driver accidentally injures someone or damages their property, you could be sued.
Coverage amounts are written in increments of $1 million and supplement your present policies to provide additional personal liability protection.
For more information about teen driver safety and tools for new drivers, visit State Farm Teen Driver Safety.