What do I need to get a quote for car insurance?
We can start the auto insurance process with things you already know. It may take less than 10 minutes. Here’s what to expect:
- Provide your name, address and date of birth
- We’ll search public records so you might not need to fill in the details of your prior insurance history or the drivers and vehicles in your household
- You confirm it’s your information
- From there, more specific vehicle and personal information along with a brief driving history will better help determine your coverage options, deductible and policy cost
- Year, make, model, body style or VIN (Vehicle Information Number)
- Address where vehicle is garaged
- Name of registered owner
- Date of purchase
- Prior insurance carrier and expiration date
Driver information and history
- Driver name(s) and date of birth
- Driver's License number(s) and state of issue
- Ticket and accident history
- License suspension information
We’re here for questions
And don’t forget, you may save even more when you bundle other policies1 like homeowners insurance.
Get an auto insurance quote
A great rate on auto insurance is just a few clicks away.
Find a local State Farm agent
There’s one ready to offer personalized service to help fit your specific needs.
Read more Simple Insights® on car insurance
Learn what we’ve learned over the past 100 years.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas