Rideshare Driver Coverage
If you use your personal car as a rideshare driver for companies like Uber or Lyft, their insurance may not cover what you might expect. You could find yourself paying for damages out of your own pocket — especially if you're injured. At State Farm®, we're Here to help life go right® and that's why we created a competitively priced State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage for our auto insurance policyholders.
To learn more about Rideshare Driver Coverage and get a quote, schedule some time to talk with your State Farm agent.
Not a State Farm car insurance customer yet? Get a quote for your personal auto insurance.
Find an Agent Near You
How Does State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage Work?
- It extends coverage from your personal auto policy to cover you when driving for a Transportation Network Company (TNC), like Uber or Lyft.
- Other coverage on your personal auto policy, such as , lemergency roadside assistance and is in effect when you're driving for Uber or Lyft (requirements may vary by state.) Your TNC may not provide protection if you're injured. ,
- It's a smart add-on that puts your personal policy deductible into effect, even if you're driving for a TNC. If your personal policy deductible is less than your TNC's deductible, you pay the lower amount.
- If you have a claim, you deal directly with State Farm.
When Does State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage Apply?
Unavailable for Hire
App On, Available for Hire
State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage extends all coverages from your personal auto policy and may include:
- Liability to others
- Damage to your car
- Medical coverage
- Emergency road service
- Rental reimbursement
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
What Does Rideshare Driver Coverage Cost?
Our Rideshare Driver Coverage generally adds about 15 to 20 percent to your current State Farm premium, depending on the coverages you've chosen for your personal auto policy, any discounts that may apply, and other rating factors. It's a simple way to extend the limits and deductibles from your personal auto policy to cover you while you are driving for a TNC (some state-specific requirements may apply).
To learn more about Rideshare Driver Coverage and to get a quote, schedule some time to talk with your State Farm agent.
1The State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage applies to the named insured on the Personal Auto Policy and their resident relatives.
2Coverage provided depends on the coverage and limits selected by you for your Personal Auto Policy.
Discounts and their availability may vary by state and eligibility requirements. Not all vehicles or drivers are eligible for discounts.
This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements. For further information, see your State Farm agent.
Our endorsement is called Transportation Network Company Driver Coverage except in DC which is Private Vehicle-For-Hire Company Operator Coverage.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
Uber is a registered trademark of Uber Technologies, Inc.
Lyft is a registered trademark of Lyft, Inc.