Car insurance checklist
A few facts. A few minutes. And you’ll have an auto insurance quote from State Farm®. We’ll even help fill in some of the details for you.
What do I need to get a quote for car insurance?
We can start the auto insurance process with things you already know. It may take less than 10 minutes. Here’s what to expect:
- Provide your name, address and date of birth
- We’ll search public records so you might not need to fill in the details of your prior insurance history or the drivers and vehicles in your household
- You confirm it’s your information
- From there, more specific vehicle and personal information along with a brief driving history will better help determine your coverage options, deductible and policy cost
- Year, make, model, body style or VIN (Vehicle Information Number)
- Address where vehicle is garaged
- Name of registered owner
- Date of purchase
- Prior insurance carrier and expiration date
Driver information and history
- Driver name(s) and date of birth
- Driver's License number(s) and state of issue
- Ticket and accident history
- License suspension information
We’re here for questions
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about your auto insurance quote. We offer the ability to select and contact an agent during the quote process (855-980-8053)(855-980-8053), chat online, or have our representative call you.
And don’t forget, you may save even more when you bundle other policies1 like homeowners insurance.
Get an auto insurance quote
A great rate on auto insurance is just a few clicks away.
Find a local State Farm agent
There’s one ready to offer personalized service to help fit your specific needs.
Read more Simple Insights® on car insurance
Learn what we’ve learned over the past 100 years.
The ins and outs on auto insurance
Learn more about premiums, deductibles and other types of auto insurance.
Auto insurance, driving and maintenance tips
Tips on car insurance, safe driving, repairs and more.
Learning to drive safely in bad weather
How to tailor your driving to the conditions.
1 Customers may always choose to purchase only one policy, but the discount for two or more purchases of different lines of insurance will not then apply. Savings, discount names, percentages, availability and eligibility may vary by state.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas