About Our Ads & Tracking
We, along with our vendors, use several common tracking technologies on our website properties and in our mobile applications to collect information about your computer or device. These may include browser cookies, local shared objects, mobile advertising or device IDs, analytical tools, or other technologies. We use these tools to:
- Acknowledge our customers and visitors.
- Store your information if you are registered on our site.
- Improve our websites, services, and functionality.
- Better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
- Assist with marketing and serve you with advertising and other content in which we think you will be interested. To do so, we may observe your behaviors when you interact with us on our properties, like websites or emails, or on other websites we do not control. We may also use information about your browsing history or your current interaction with our website properties or mobile applications that we collect from you or obtain from vendors.
- We share with, and collect website cookie IDs, web-beacons, mobile device IDs, and similar technologies, from our ad partners and vendors to serve you interest based advertising.
- Coordinate with our partners, using de-identified data, to serve you our interest-based advertisements across various devices.
- Perform analytics.
- Prevent and investigate fraud.
Your browser may give you the ability to control or reject certain types of browser cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Browser cookies, which are stored in your browser, can be controlled (deleted or blocked) by using your browser settings. Local shared objects are stored outside of your browser, elsewhere on your computing device. If you block cookies on your browser, certain website features may not work, including mechanisms used to honor advertising opt-out choices you may make.
We may work with online advertising companies to show you relevant and useful ads including ads displayed on our website and the websites of other companies. These ads may be based on information collected by us or other parties (for example, when you register for a site). These ads may also be based on your activities on our website or on other websites. This is called "online behavioral advertising." Some companies that play a role in the online behavioral advertising process may have sufficient information to identify you. To learn more about online behavioral advertising, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
State Farm® is committed to adhering to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To limit online behavioral advertising/cross device tracking by participating companies and to learn more, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance opt out page.
Our site will, on some pages, cause your social network cookies to be transmitted to the social networks to which you belong, together with the "URL" of the State Farm web page you are visiting. This happens because of the social network widgets we use on some web pages to make it easy for you to interact with social networks. Depending on the policies of the social networks to which you belong and your user settings with those services, your social network may be able to track your browsing history. This information may be shared with social networks even if you are unaware of the presence of the widget or do not "click" on the widget. For more information and to control the data you share with social networks, you should consult the privacy policies and documentation of the social networks to which you belong.
State Farm Mobile Apps
We use advertising partners to serve you interest-based advertising. We share mobile advertising IDs with our advertising partners for this purpose. You can opt out of interest-based advertising by selecting the "limit ad tracking" or equivalent setting in your mobile device settings.
Last Updated 10/21/2022
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.