State Farm® values your privacy. This notice describes how we collect, use, secure and share non-public personal information. We are providing this notice as a result of your involvement in a claim with one of our customers and is provided whether or not you are an existing State Farm customer. You might receive this notice because you were involved:
- In an automobile accident with a State Farm insured as the driver of another vehicle,
- As a passenger in a vehicle involved in a claim with a State Farm insured,
- In a claim recorded under a State Farm Homeowners policy.
It is possible State Farm customers may receive this notice and a separate privacy notice by virtue of being a State Farm insurance policyholder or owner of a financial services product.
We take your personal privacy seriously. The remainder of this letter is intended to inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing non-public personal information.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell consumer information.
- We do not provide consumer information to persons or organizations outside our State Farm family of companies who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services to consumers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of State Farm consumer information.
- We may share consumer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We do not share consumer medical information with anyone within the State Farm family of companies, unless you expressly authorize it, or we are permitted or required by law to do so.
Information We May Collect
- From you, through written correspondence and telephone or in-person interviews, such as your address and phone number
- From non-State Farm companies, such as your driving record and claim history
How We Use Information About You
We use consumer information to process claims and provide services you request.
We may share information about our experiences with you within our State Farm family of companies and with State Farm agents to better serve you and to assist in meeting your service needs. We may also disclose consumer information about you to persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies with your consent, or as necessary to complete a transaction you request, or as permitted or required by law. We share consumer information as necessary to handle your claim and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
State Farm Protects Consumer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect consumer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test our security to help ensure the safety of consumer information.
You may also obtain information about financial products and services offered by the State Farm family of companies by contacting any State Farm agent or viewing online information at statefarm.com®.
Last revised 8/17