Have Questions? We've got answers.
Find answers to your most common State Farm® online insurance questions.
We offer discounts and insurance policies to meet your needs throughout different chapters of life. If you call to cancel, ask your agent about what policies, discounts, and options are available to you.
For calls during business hours, your call will be directed to an agent near you. For calls after-hours and on weekends, your call will be directed to a Customer Care Center representative. Spanish-speaking representatives are available by calling 877-274-0543.
If you have questions about your policy or payment plan, please contact your agent.
For security reasons, each statefarm.com online account can only be listed in one name and date of birth. Each named insured on the policy may register their individual online account.
If you receive this message when trying to access your policy, please contact your agent.
Please contact State Farm Bank® at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265).
Currently business accounts do not have online access.
Due to technical limitations, the declaration page is not available online. Some information is available in the My Accounts tab, however this information is not proof of coverage.
To request a declaration page, please contact your agent.
You can view, print, and email a new insurance card or request a mailed ID card online.
To request an ID card, follow these steps:
- Log in to your online account on statefarm.com.
- Above the vehicle description, click the Auto Policy
- Click Request Insurance Cards.
- Indicate how you want to receive your insurance cards and if you need cards for additional vehicles.
- Click Submit.
To view, print, or email an ID card, follow these steps:
- Log in to your online account on statefarm.com.
- Select the Auto policy for the ID card.
- On the Auto Policy Information page, click View/Print Documents.
- The Document Center will open an "ID Card" electronic document.
- You can view, print, or email the ID card.
If you're a new policyholder that purchased a policy online, you can download temporary insurance cards and your Auto Insurance Binder in the My Accounts page secure message mailbox or through the confirmation email sent to you. The temporary insurance card is available for 30 days after policy purchase.
Note: You can also contact your State Farm agent for a new identification card.
Yes. You may request changes to your coverages online and they will be forwarded to your agent for processing.
To request changes, follow these steps:
You can only request to add a driver online. From there, the request will be sent to your agent for processing.
To request an added driver to your account, follow these steps:
- Log into your account.
- Select the policy you want to change.
- Click Add a Driver.
- Enter the new driver information and click Continue.
- Enter Additional Information and click Continue.
- Enter Contact Information and click Continue.
- Review request and click Submit.
It could take up to 24 hours for a payment made in your agent's office to reflect online. If it has been over 24 hours, please contact your agent.
Internet applications on statefarm.com are compatible with all current and some past versions of most Internet browsers, including: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
You can contact Internet Support by phone at 888-559-1922. Internet Support representatives are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
For online policy access, complete the registration process. Once registration is complete, you'll have access to all available policies and account information within 48 hours.
Once you've registered, you'll be able to:
- View your current insurance bills
- Submit electronic payments
- View bill and payment history
- Choose email notifications of your billing statements
- Stop paper bill delivery for SFPP accounts
- And much more
Only the owner or named insured of a policy have access to that policy. Please contact your State Farm agent for questions about ownership or names on a policy or account.
Use the Insurance Bill Pay link to access your account. Enter your statefarm.com user ID and password to login. You will be directed to your billing and payment information.
We offer an option to receive email notifications when your electronic bills are ready.
To start or stop email notices, follow these steps:
- Login to your statefarm.com account.
- Click Payment and Transfers on the left navigation bar.
- Click Make a Payment.
- Click Preferences on the top navigation bar.
- Select the Receive email notices when new bills are prepared
- Verify your email address and update it as needed.
- Click Apply.
You must have your policies and SFPP accounts enabled for online access to view and pay your bills online. If you have a question regarding your policies or accounts, contact your State Farm agent.
Situations where bills are not available online include:
- Limitations on past-due payments accepted online. This varies by policy and bill type. Bills listed on the Bills and Offers page with a select box are eligible for online payment.
- No bills are prepared for your policy. If no bills are prepared for your policy, the following message will display on the History page below your policy number: "There is no prior bill and payment activity for this policy/account." You can register for bill email notifications on the Preference page.
- The notice type isn't available for payment through Insurance Bill Pay (IBP). This includes SFPP accounts, Life Recurring Monthly accounts, some cancellation notices, and some notices that include a Renewal Coverage Offer.
We accept Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) from your checking, money market, or savings accounts and Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, and Discover® cards.
Approved payment methods will be noted on your Provide Payment Information page.
Processing begins on the payment date. Generally, your account will be credited the same business day your payment is processed. Refer to the Terms and Conditions of Use for additional clarification.
Funds will be withdrawn from your bank account one business day after your payment date. In most cases, charges to your credit card will be processed the same day as your payment date.
Authorized payments will be reflected online within 24 hours. However, the "Policy Amount Due" on the Policy Information page may not reflect a payment for up to two business days.
To make a payment, you can either:
Once you have accessed your policies, follow these steps:
- Above the list of your insurance policies, click Pay Insurance Online.
- You will be directed to the insurance bill pay Bills and Offers
- New bill pay users will be asked to review and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Select the specific bills you want to pay.
- Click Pay Selected Bills.
- Enter the following information on the Provide Payment Information page:
- A bank or credit card account number
- Your payment account
- The payment date
- The payment amount
- Click Continue.
- You will be directed to the Authorize Payment
- Review the payment information and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Make Payment to submit payment.
- A confirmation page will display.
- If no confirmation page displays, wait 15 minutes and check your History Confirmation numbers will display when processing is complete.
Note: If no bills are prepared for your policy, the following message will display on the History page below your policy number: "There is no prior bill and payment activity for this policy/account." You can register for bill email notifications on the Preference page.
Duplicate payments are defined as: two or more payments made on the same insurance policy or State Farm Payment Plan (SFPP) account, for the same dollar amount, and processed on the same business day.
To minimize the impact to you, State Farm handles duplicate payments as follows:
- Only one payment is processed if multiple payments are made using the same bank account and submitted within 15 minutes of each other.
- Payments are processed if different bank accounts or credit cards are used for each payment.
- Payments are processed if one or more credit cards are used. If only one credit card is used and the payments are submitted on the same calendar day, you are contacted by email and given instructions on how to receive a refund if the duplicate payment was not intended.
To change your paperless billing preferences, follow these steps:
- Log into your online account.
- From the drop-down menu next to your payment plan, select Manage paperless billing.
- Click Go .
- Select Discontinue your SFPP account paper bills.
- Receive email notice will automatically pre-select.
- Click Apply.
- Your billing preference will be applied to your next billing statement.
Please contact your agent if you have questions about your bills, payments or Renewal Coverage Offers. Your agent's phone number and email are available on the details page of your bill.
No. If you don't have an agent or haven't selected an agent, one will be assigned to you for all State Farm quotes, policies, and accounts.
Yes. You can have a different agent assigned to each State Farm policy and account.
A list of agents is available in the left margin of the Quote and Application page. To search additional agents, select Find a Different Agent. Once selected, a new page will launch where you can enter additional search criteria.
A specific agent may not display because they're currently not licensed and authorized to solicit or service the type of policy that you're interested in purchasing.
If you don't select an agent, one will be assigned to you for all of your State Farm policies and accounts.
The agent saved in the quote will still be the assigned agent. For saved quotes, you will not have to reselect an agent.
Yes. You can choose any State Farm agent who is licensed and authorized to service the selected product in your state.
You can change agents throughout the quoting, application, and purchasing process.