Flood Insurance Coverage Helps You Stay Prepared for the Worst

Most homeowners insurance policies, including those offered by State Farm®, do not cover flood damage. If your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), however, you can buy flood insurance coverage through your agent.

Find an Agent

Federal Flood Insurance Coverage

Most flood insurance is written through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). State Farm agents enrolled in the NFIP Direct Program can write and service flood insurance coverage directly through the federal government.

A flood insurance policy normally takes 30 days from the date of purchase to go into effect. So don't wait until a flood is imminent to buy a policy.

For more information about the NFIP and flood insurance coverage, contact your State Farm agent.

The National Flood Insurance Program is only available in the United States.

Automobile/Recreational Vehicle Coverage

If you carry comprehensive coverage (optional) on your automobile/recreational vehicle policy, then the direct, sudden damage to your vehicle resulting from a flood would be covered under the terms of most policies.

If you have questions about flood insurance coverage and your vehicles, contact your State Farm agent.