10 essentials for your wildfire evacuation kit:
- Drinkable water
- Sealed prepared meals
- First-aid kit
- Prescription medications in sealed containers
- Waterproof, battery-powered or hand-crank-powered flashlights and radios
- A whistle or other sound-signaling device
- A multi-tool with a knife
- Identification and medical cards
- Any necessary medical records
- Waterproof bags or containers
Two meetup points
Decide in advance where you will go but add an alternative destination too.
Gas & cash
When a storm threatens, keep your gas tank full and withdraw cash. Power outages make pumps and ATMs unusable.
If you leave
Plan to pack and not stop unless traffic necessitates it. Stopping for food or drinks may significantly delay you.
Protect your pets
Bring water and food for your pets as well as veterinarian records and proof of vaccinations. Be sure your destination is pet-friendly.
DID YOU KNOW?
Spring through Fall: Wildfires can happen anytime the ground isn’t completely covered by snow, but typically happen during Spring through Fall
$125 billion. Camp Fire: The costliest U.S. wildfire in property damage. NFPA - 2017