Insurance for your sports car from State Farm®
Don’t let insurance curb the fun of driving your sports car.
We know it can be expensive to protect, but if you're a State Farm customer, we'll help steer you towards ways to make your sports car insurance cost less, without putting the brakes on your enjoyment of the open road.
Get an auto insurance quote
State Farm is a solid choice to insure your sports car
Why choose the largest insurer of cars and other vehicles in the U.S.?1 Because State Farm provides more than just protection.
Enjoy personalized service from thousands of local agents.
Qualify for discounts and savings to help make your sports car insurance from State Farm an even better value.
What is a sports car?
Not all fast cars are considered sports cars. It’s more than just speed that matters.
- Engine size
- Number of cylinders
- Make and model (Does not include racing cars)
Ask a State Farm agent about your car
Why sports car insurance can be expensive
With all the technology that goes into sports cars, they’re not the most economical cars you can drive. Ever wonder why?
- Powerful engines may encourage some people to drive faster increasing the risk of a speeding ticket or accident
- Usually cost more to replace if stolen or totaled
- High-performance parts are more expensive to replace
Making sports car insurance less expensive
While insuring your sports car can be more expensive than other kinds of car insurance, you may be able to lower your costs while maintaining the coverage you want.
- Install a car alarm or some other kind of anti-theft device
- Use a different car for everyday driving
- Reduce the miles you drive your sports car
- Maintain a driving record that's free of moving violations, license suspensions, and at-fault accidents
- Insure multiple cars to get multiple auto savings
- Combine your auto and home insurance to get multiple line savings
- Take a driver safety course (Ask a local State Farm agent for a list of qualifying courses and requirements)
- Purchase a car with a higher safety rating
- Consider alternate coverage limits
Got more questions about vehicle insurance?
Get answers about auto insurance
Browse numerous articles from Simple Insights on tips from what we’ve learned in the nearly 100 years we’ve been insuring drivers like yourself.
What factors influence car insurance rates?
Coverage options, deductibles, and discounts may affect your policy cost, along with such things as your driving history, credit score (where permitted by law), and other third-party reports.
Shopping for a classic? Here’s a buyer’s guide
How to inspect and buy the classic car that's best for your purposes.
Exploring car insurance deductibles and coverages
Learn what a deductible is, why it matters and how it affects your car coverage.
1 Ranking and data from S&P Global Market Intelligence, based on direct premiums written as of 2019.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas