Sports Car Insurance from State Farm®
If you own a sports car, you know how fun they are to drive – and how expensive they are to insure. There are a number of reasons why this is the case, but if you're a State Farm customer, we'll help steer you towards ways to make your sports car insurance cost less, without putting the brakes on your enjoyment of the open road.
Get an Auto Quote
State Farm is a Solid Choice for Sports Car Insurance
There's a good reason why State Farm is the largest insurer of cars and other vehicles in the US.* In fact, there are several:
Here's Why Sports Car Insurance Can Be Expensive
With all the technology that goes into sports cars, you'd think they'd be the safest cars you can drive. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Here are a few reasons why:
- Cars with powerful engines may encourage some people to drive faster.
- If they're totaled or stolen, sports cars usually cost more to replace.
- Lighter materials may offer less protection, so injuries can be more severe.
- High-performance parts are more expensive to replace.
Making Sports Car Insurance Less Expensive
Sports car insurance can be more expensive than insurance for other kinds of cars, but you may be able to lower your costs while maintaining the coverage you want.
- Install a car alarm or some other kind of anti-theft device.
- Use a different car for everyday driving.
- Reduce the miles you drive your sports car.
- Maintain a driving record that's free of moving violations, license suspensions, and at-fault accidents.
Simple Insights® by State Farm
Take advantage of what we've learned through the years in Simple Insights®.
Find out how your motorcycle rates in our annual motorcycle insurance ratings and how it will affect your premium.
* Ranking and data from SNL Financial, based on direct premiums written as of 2015.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas