Tips for Success:
- Check your credit card accounts online regularly.
- Pay your bills on time (schedule payments online).
- Keep your credit utilization below 30 percent.
- Pull one credit report from a different bureau every four months so you can monitor changes throughout the year.
- Save credit reports for your own records.
- Add a monthly recurring charge (cell phone bill, gym membership, etc.) to keep old credit cards active.
Your Chapter 3 Checklist:
- Watch the Rebuilding Credit, Potential Jobs, and Corrections to Your Credit Report video
- Download the Credit Myths: Discredited Worksheet
- Check your credit score
Learn the Difference Between Your Credit Reports & Scores
Get informed on the roles and relationships between credit reports, scores, and bureaus.