What is there to do around here?
When you’re new to a community, explore beyond your immediate surroundings for things to do. You’ll find new adventures, meet new people and have cool places to show your friends and family when they visit.
Ways to explore:
- Get in your car, pick a direction and drive. No matter where you live, you’re bound to find hidden gems nearby. You might stumble upon a little-known local landmark, a great hiking trail, the perfect picnic spot or a place where you can just zone out and feel at one with nature.
- Pick a neighboring town for a day trip. Visit their parks, museums, restaurants and shops for a fun, affordable day trip. There’s a lot to see within a day’s drive.
- Look at a 60-mile radius on a map. Look for state or national parks, beaches or interesting small towns.
- Use the “search nearby” map feature on your mobile phone. Find things to do near you by using your mobile phone. The phone’s map and “search nearby” features allow you to discover places and activities you may be interested in. Most likely, you’ll discover there are many attractions, activities and events nearby.
- Ask a neighbor where they like to go. Nobody knows a community better than a local. Plus, it’s a great chance to strike up a conversation and get to know your new neighbors.
- Find a popular restaurant. Use an app such as Yelp to find popular restaurants in your town and within a short distance.
Invest your time in getting to know the area, and you’ll connect with new places, new people and new life experiences.