Hospital Indemnity Insurance — New York
Hospital Indemnity Insurance is currently available through State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Please read a brief description of the State Farm® Hospital Indemnity Insurance Policy available in New York.
Get a Hospital Income Quote
General Descriptions of Benefits
- Daily Benefit: State Farm pays $240 (if you live in a metropolitan area) and $165 (all other counties) for up to 365 days when you are confined to a hospital for which a charge for room and board is made, for treatment of a covered sickness or injury.
- Intensive Care Benefit: State Farm pays an additional daily benefit of $240 (if you live in a metropolitan area) and $165 (all other counties) for up to 14 days for the same or related condition, when you are confined in an intensive care unit.
- Extended Care Benefit: State Farm pays one-half of the daily benefit per day for up to 60 days per calendar year when you are confined in a qualified extended care facility. The extended care must begin within 30 days of a hospital confinement of at least 3 days and be for the same or related condition requiring the hospital confinement.
- Emergency Accident Benefit: You will receive $480 (if you live in a metropolitan area) and $330 (all other counties) for each day you sustain an injury and receive emergency medical treatment within 30 days of the injury. Only one Emergency Accident Benefit is paid when multiple injuries are sustained as the result of any one accident. This benefit is payable up to a maximum of three times per calendar year per covered person.
- Outpatient Surgery and Intravascular Catheterization Benefit: State Farm pays $240 (if you live in a metropolitan area) and $165 (all other counties) for each day you undergo an outpatient surgical operation (as identified in the policy) or intravascular catheterization (as defined in the policy) if such operation or catheterization:
- is related to and necessary for the treatment or diagnosis of the injury or sickness,
- occurs while the policy and rider are in force,
- is not performed while confined as a resident inpatient in a hospital, and
- is performed by a Physician who is not a covered person under this policy.
Only one Outpatient Surgery and Intravascular Catheterization Benefit shall be payable per day per covered person.
This is a supplement to health insurance and is not a substitute for major medical coverage. Lack of major medical coverage (or other Minimum Essential Coverage) may result in an additional payment with your taxes.
If you currently have a health spending arrangement such as a Health Savings Account (HSA), or if you plan to open one in the future, please consult your tax advisor about the features offered in this supplemental medical policy, and the possible tax implications of combining these plans.
This is a marketing tool intended for use in the sale of insurance. Completion of an application for a State Farm® insurance policy will require contact with a State Farm agent/insurance producer.
This information provides only a brief description of coverage currently available in NY. It is not a contract. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the Hospital Income policy, and any attached Riders. This policy is Optionally Renewable except in the event of fraud, material misrepresentation, nonpayment of premium, or expiration of the policy. See policy series 97024ZNY for exact terms and conditions.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company