Life insurance claims
We know that the passing of a loved one creates plenty of stress on its own. State Farm® is here to help you with an efficient life insurance claims process.
How do I file a life insurance claim?
We offer the following ways to notify State Farm of a death:
- Contact your State Farm agent
- Call Life Claims at 877-292-0398877-292-0398
- Select Option 1 to report a new claim
- Select Option 2 to discuss an existing claim
What is the mailing address for life insurance claims?
State Farm Life Insurance Company
Bloomington Life Operations
P.O. Box 2364
Bloomington, IL 61702-236
What information should I provide?
- Insured person's full name and nickname (if any)
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Life insurance policy number (if known)
- Date and cause of death
- Name of person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
What happens after I file a claim?
- After we receive the notification of death, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- The agent will provide required forms to the beneficiary. Under certain circumstances, additional documents may be required from the beneficiary.
- The Life Claim Operation Office will complete the claim once we have received and reviewed all forms and documentation.