Bank Account Help
Are you looking for account help with your State Farm Bank® account? We have consolidated a variety of resources to answer some of the more common account inquiries. Whether you are looking to take action on your account, find an answer to a question or download a form, we are here to help.
Managing My Account
We've identified some common tasks that can help you take the action you need on your bank accounts. Whether you need to order more checks or deposit slips, place a stop payment on a check, enroll for electronic statements, or report a lost card, we've got you covered. If you don't find what you're looking for, please contact us for assistance.
State Farm Bank® Offers the Following Options to Initiate Payments on a Vehicle Loan
- Automatic payment [PDF-640.1KB]: This form must be completed to facilitate recurring automatic payments from a State Farm Bank account or recurring Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments from an account held at another financial institution. There is no additional fee for automatic payments.
- Note: If you wish to stop an automatic payment, your request must be received at least 10 business days prior to your scheduled monthly due date in order to be effective.
- Online Payment: Pay by checking or Money Market Account from any financial institution. There is no additional fee for making a payment online. State Farm Benefit Management Accounts and Savings Accounts can also be used to make a payment.
- Phone Payment via Interactive Voice Response (IVR): 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). There is no additional fee for a payment by phone.
- Representative-assisted phone payments: 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). There is no additional fee for making a payment by phone.
- One-time online transfer from a State Farm Bank Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) account to the Vehicle Loan account: There is no additional fee for making a payment by HELOC transfer.
- Payment through Western Union: Fees may be assessed by Western Union. Call 877-734-2265 for Western Union instructions.
- Moneygram: Fees may be assessed by Moneygram. Call the 877-734-2265 for Moneygram instructions.
- Wire transfer: Fees may be assessed by originating financial institution. Call 877-734-2265 for wire instructions.
- U.S. Postal Mail: There is no additional fee for making a payment by mail.
- State Farm Loyalty Rewards®: Call 877-SF4-VISA (877-734-8472) for assistance. There is no additional fee for using State Farm Loyalty Rewards.
There are several easy ways to deposit money into your State Farm Bank account:
- Payroll deposit: Request the necessary form(s) from your employer or use our convenient Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit [PDF-715.1KB].
- Social security, supplemental security income (SSI), or other government benefit (non-payroll) payments: Go to www.godirect.org for easy and convenient sign-up.
Making a MyTime Deposit® to your State Farm Bank account using a mobile device is as easy as point-and-click. Just endorse the check, enter the amount, and take its picture. Learn more about Mobile Banking
With MyTime Deposit, you can make a deposit from the comfort of your home or office using a personal scanning device. Learn more about Scanning in Deposits
Send checks via U.S. Mail to our regular or overnight address:
Deposits and General Correspondence – Regular Mail
State Farm Bank
P.O. Box 2316
Bloomington, IL 61702-2316
Deposits and General Correspondence – Overnight Mail
State Farm Bank
Corporate South, N-4
3 State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61791
Please do not mail loan or credit card payments or correspondence to the above addresses.
- Note: Do not send cash.
- Include a deposit slip and/or your account number. In return, you will receive a receipt and another postage paid envelope.
- To expedite your mail-in deposit, include a preprinted deposit slip with your deposit. If you have depleted your supply of deposit slips, you can order additional deposit slips at no charge.
- If you are opening a new deposit account, make your check, money order, or Cashier's Check payable to yourself. On the back of the deposit item, please write "For Deposit Only, State Farm Bank." Below that, endorse the deposit item with your signature.
- If you are depositing money into an existing State Farm Bank deposit account, all money orders and checks should be made payable to yourself and endorsed on the back with "For Deposit Only, State Farm Bank," your account number, and your signature.
Customers can move funds between State Farm Bank accounts and external bank accounts by calling 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265); if you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services.
Access your accounts online to transfer funds between your eligible State Farm Bank accounts and external bank accounts.
Deposits can be made at ATMs owned by State Farm Bank or at full-service ATMs that participate in deposit sharing and display the NYCE®, Visa® or PLUS® logo.
Deposit sharing is when banks allow customers from other banks to make deposits at their ATMs. The actual availability of this function is determined by the institution that owns/operates the ATM.
Withdrawals, transfers, and balance inquiries can be made at ATMs that display the NYCE®, Visa® or PLUS® logos.
Take advantage of State Farm Bank's overnight delivery service. There is no charge for initial deposits or subsequent deposits of $100 or more to an existing account by using prepaid shipping labels from UPS.
Electronic Account Funding
Customers can open and fund Checking, Interest Checking, Savings, Money Market Savings, and Certificates of Deposit (CDs) accounts online.
Health Savings Accounts, Individual Retirement Account, CDs or Money Market Savings, and Education Savings Account CDs can be opened by contacting your agent or by calling State Farm Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265); if you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services.
To electronically fund an account opened online, customers must provide the funding account's:
- Type (checking or savings)
- Routing number
- Account number
To electronically fund an account opened through an agent, customers must provide:
- The required Preauthorized Transfer Deposit Funding Form, which can be acquired from an agent
- The State Farm Bank routing number (071174431)
- A copy of the driver's license
State Farm Bank can initiate and receive wire transfers. To send a wire transfer to your State Farm Bank account, you will first need to contact the sending bank. Please note that most banks charge for this service. The State Farm Bank ABA routing number is 071174431. If asked to provide a SWIFT code please advise that State Farm Bank does not have a SWIFT code.
Contact State Farm Bank or call the Bank toll-free at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265); hearing and speech impaired customers, please dial 711, to request wire transfers from your State Farm Bank account.
If a debit card or ATM card is lost or stolen, call us immediately at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services.
If your Credit Card is lost or stolen, call us immediately at 877-SF4-VISA (877-734-8472). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services.
If calling to report a lost or stolen card while outside the United States:
- Credit cards: call collect 706-644-0852
- Debit card/ATM card: call collect 309-994-6170
Once you report your card lost or stolen we will:
- Close the account the card is tied to
- Open a new account for you
- Send new card(s) to you and all other persons listed on your account within 7 to 10 business days
- If you need a new Credit Card immediately, we can send one the following business day if you call us before 3PM EST or within two days if you call after 3PM EST. A fee will be included for rush delivery.
State Farm Bank® Visa® Debit Card
If your lost or stolen Visa debit card is used at a Visa merchant, you will not be held liable as long you report the fraud in a timely manner as detailed in the Disclosures and Customer Agreements. If you determine a charge has been fraudulently made, you will need to dispute the charge (see below).
If your lost or stolen Visa debit card is used at a non-Visa merchant, you will not be liable for unauthorized transactions if you notify State Farm Bank within two business days of discovering your card is missing. The maximum liability you may incur is $500.
Visa Credit Card
If your Visa credit card is lost or stolen, notify State Farm Bank immediately. You must notify us no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. You may be liable for unauthorized use of your card if your gross negligence results in unauthorized use. You will not be liable for unauthorized use that occurs if you notify us of the loss, theft, or possible unauthorized use by calling us at 877-SF4-VISA (877-734-8474). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services, or writing to State Farm Bank, P.O. Box 1420, Deposit, NY 13754-1420. The maximum liability for unauthorized use you may incur will not exceed $50.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our customers have asked some pretty smart questions over the years. To better serve you, we've compiled the questions we've received most often, along with our answers. If you don't find what you're looking for here, contact us. We'll be glad to help.
Forms and Downloads
Our library of downloadable forms can assist you with a variety of needs. From setting up direct deposit to completing an ID Theft Affidavit, this collection can help you take the action needed to accomplish the task at hand.
Access your Account anytime. Anywhere.
Check your balance. Pay bills. Deposit checks. And more.
Join the Conversation
We want to know how we're doing. Send us feedback, find us on social media, and more!
We want to know what you think.
State Farm Bank®
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
State Farm and its affiliates do not provide tax, investment, or legal advice. Federal and state tax laws are subject to change. If tax, investment, or legal advice is required, please seek the services of a licensed professional.
State Farm Bank, F.S.B., Bloomington, Illinois ("Bank"), is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and may be subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. The Bank encourages any interested individual(s) to submit an application for any product(s) offered by the Bank. We also encourage you to obtain information regarding the Bank's underwriting standards for each type of credit or service offered by visiting statefarm.com® or by contacting the Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services. To apply for a Bank product, you may also see your participating State Farm Agent.