Make Your User ID and Password More Secure
To access your State Farm™ account information, you will need to register and create a unique user ID and password. State Farm may require you to reset your password from time to time. The following password tips will assist in making your account more secure.
- Don't share your password with anyone – not even a State Farm representative. We'll never ask you for your password.
- Use different passwords for different accounts (e.g., State Farm, retail accounts, other financial accounts, etc.).
- Choose a password that's easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.
- Don't use a word found in a dictionary.
- Use letters, special characters/symbols, but don't repeat the same character three times in a row.
- Don't use the name of your spouse, children, or pets in your user ID.
- Don't use common dates, including your birthday, anniversary, etc.
When creating your User ID, remember that it:
- Must be between 5 and 32 characters long.
- Must contain at least one letter.
- May contain these special characters: . ^_-.
- Must not contain spaces.