Emergency road service coverage
Vehicles break down sometimes. And when they do, it's a major hassle.
To help lessen that hassle, State Farm® offers Emergency Road Service coverage. With emergency road service, we'll pay for the common, reasonable expenses you need to get your covered vehicle back in service.
Need emergency road service now?
When you’ve got emergency roadside coverage from State Farm, minor car problems can be less of a big deal. Just request assistance online from your computer or mobile device. Or call us at 877-627-5757877-627-5757 if that’s easier. Either way, we’ll send someone who’ll help you get back on the road for a price that’s usually lower than you’ll find on your own.
What does roadside assistance cover?
If you have emergency road service coverage, and your vehicle breaks down or becomes disabled, we'll pay for reasonable, emergency services.
- Mechanical labor at the breakdown site (up to one hour).
- Towing to the nearest repair location if the covered vehicle is not drivable.
- Towing if the covered car is stuck on or immediately next to a public road.
- Delivery of gas, oil, battery, or change of tire (but not the cost of these or similar items) necessary to return a covered vehicle back to driving condition.
- Locksmith labor to unlock a covered car if its key is lost, stolen, or locked inside the car (up to one hour).
What isn’t covered by emergency road service coverage
- Towing costs beyond what it would cost to tow your vehicle to the nearest repair facility
- Labor costs beyond the first hour
Please speak with an agent or check your policy for additional coverage limitations.
Why choose emergency road service coverage?
If you have questions about emergency road service, speak with a State Farm agent. They'll ask you a few questions to understand your specific circumstances and recommend insurance options that can keep you protected at a competitive price.
Want more than ERS coverage?
When it comes to car insurance, you’ve got plenty of policy options. State Farm can help you find the right coverage or how much auto insurance you might need. Coverage varies by state and your selection.
Got more questions about vehicle insurance?
Browse numerous articles from Simple Insights on tips from what we’ve learned in the nearly 100 years we’ve been insuring drivers like yourself.
Coverage options, deductibles, and discounts may affect your policy cost, along with such things as your driving history, credit score (where permitted by law), and other third-party reports.
What you should know about run flat tires.
This document contains only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to all policy provisions and applicable endorsements, and may vary by state. For further information, please see a State Farm agent.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas