This Texas auto insurance discount applies if the insured vehicle is equipped with a qualifying anti-theft device.
Texas drivers may save 5% on applicable coverages.
You may be eligible for a discount for taking a defensive driving course if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Are the principal driver of the vehicle
- Have voluntarily taken and completed an approved Driving Safety Course within the last 3 years
- Any driving safety course approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) (including the State Board of Education or the Commissioner of Education) and taught through a TEA approved school or course provider (or a contractually authorized user of its course) under Texas Civil Statutes, Article 4413(29C), provided that the course is taught in its entirety, regardless of whether a uniform certificate of completion is issued to the graduates
- A driving safety course described in this paragraph and taught through an organization that has 50,000 or more members, qualifies for a tax exemption under Section 501(a), Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. Section 501(a)), based on being listed under Section 501(c)(4), Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. Section 501(c)(4)), and conducts for its members and other individuals who are at least 50 years of age a driving safety course that is not used for purposes of former Section 143A, Uniform, Act Regulating Traffic on Highways (Article 6701d, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes), not the Transportation Code, Title 7, Sections 543.101 et seq
Such course as described above must be completed and satisfactory evidence (certificate or photostat thereof) presented to the Company.
Drivers may be eligible for this discount if all assigned drivers under the age of 21 have successfully completed an acceptable driver education course.
A certificate must be presented to State Farm showing the course was successfully completed.
You may be eligible to receive this auto insurance discount if each of the drivers in the household has had no major driving violations and no at-fault accidents during the past three years. The private-passenger vehicle receiving the discount must also be insured with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.
NOTE: All driving history will be verified at the time an application is submitted for car insurance. This discount may be replaced with the Renewal Discount once you have been a State Farm customer for three years.
All assigned drivers under 25 who are full-time students in high school or at a college or university, and the scholastic records for the immediately preceding school semester show that this student meets at least one of the following:
- Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class
- Had a grade average of B or higher
- Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Was included in the Dean's List or Honor Roll
Drivers who have earned an Associate's degree or equivalent and have a qualifying scholastic record meeting one of the above requirements may be considered. Drivers who have earned a Bachelor's degree with or without a qualifying scholastic record may be considered as well.
Home study students may be eligible if they submit evidence they have taken certain national standardized tests, administered within the last 12 months and ranked in the upper 20%.
Proof of eligibility is required when an application for insurance is submitted.
You may be eligible for this auto insurance discount if you meet all of the following criteria:
- There are two or more private-passenger automobiles primarily driven by persons residing at the address.
- The vehicles are insured with State Farm.
- The owners of the vehicles reside in the same household and A) are related by marriage, blood, or adoption, or B) for two unrelated owners, they must jointly own the vehicles and both be designated as the named insureds on the policies.
1998 and prior vehicles equipped with a factory-installed air bag or other passive restraint system which meets federal safety standards will receive an auto insurance discount.
Once your car (or the one it replaced) has been with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company for at least three continuous years and there have been no points chargeable under the Texas Driving Insurance Plan, you will receive a discount. This auto insurance discount may increase over time if coverage for the auto remains in force and there continues to be no points chargeable under the Texas Driving Insurance Plan.
In order to initially qualify for this discount, the following requirements must be met by all assigned drivers under age 25:
- Have no at-fault accidents or moving violations in the three year period prior to the time the discount is initially applied (NOTE: In some states certain accidents and moving violations may not disqualify you).
- Have successfully completed the State Farm Steer Clear program. The program includes video content regarding safe driving behaviors and requires the driver to track some of their driving experiences.
This discount applies to a vehicle when each of the assigned drivers under the age of 25:
- Is a student who resides at school more than 100 miles from home
- Drives the automobile only while home during the school vacation or holiday periods
- Keeps the automobile at home while away at school
1999 and newer-model-year private-passenger vehicles may receive an auto insurance discount based on the loss experience of the make and model of the insured vehicle.
Discounts and their availability may vary by state and eligibility requirements. Not all vehicles or drivers are eligible for discounts.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, any third party products or the content of any third party sites referenced in this material. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the third party sites. Any references to such sites are provided for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites. State Farm does not warrant the merchantability, fitness, or quality of the third party products referenced in this material.