Protect those who matter most with select term life insurance
How long do you need life insurance coverage? Maybe you only need it for student or vehicle loans. Or maybe you need coverage for a mortgage or business loan. Either way, State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI) and State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI) have Select Term Life Insurance policies that can help. Our Select Term Life Insurance policies help guarantee your loved ones a death benefit if you die while the policy is in force. So instead of leaving your family with debts to pay, you can help leave them financially secure.
The State Farm® Select Term Life Insurance policies offer coverage for periods of 10, 20, or 30 years. You choose the length of time, depending on how long you need the coverage.
|Term Length||10, 20, 30 Years|
|Coverage||Starting at $100,000|
|Issue Ages||18 to 75 for Select Term 10
18 to 65 for Select Term 20
18 to 45 for Select Term 30
There has never been a better time to start than right now. There's a lot more to like about these Select Term Life Insurance policies:
- The initial premium is guaranteed level for the term you select — 10, 20, or 30 years.
- You can pay your premiums monthly or annually.
- You can continue your coverage beyond the level premium term on an annually renewable basis to age 95. Your premiums will increase annually, but will never exceed the maximum premium stated in your policy.
- Tax-free death benefit — No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
- If you have auto insurance with State Farm, purchasing a State Farm Select Term Life Insurance policy may entitle you to a discount on your auto premiums with our multi-line discount.
Need lifelong coverage? Just convert your Select Term Life Insurance policy to permanent coverage — no matter your state of health. Conversion options vary by state.
Customize your policy
Add even more value to your Select Term Life Insurance policy by buying any of these optional riders.1 A State Farm agent can help you customize a policy to meet your needs.
This rider provides temporary insurance for each eligible child that is named on the application, and any eligible children acquired in the future. This insurance can be converted at expiry, regardless of health, to provide continuing life insurance coverage for each child. Provides temporary insurance for children up to age 25 or when you turn 65. Just one rider can provide up to $20,000 in coverage for each eligible child in your family.
- Can be converted to permanent insurance for up to five times the amount of coverage when the child turns 25.
- You can purchase up to five times the amount of Children's Term Rider coverage on the child's 18th birthday.
- This rider is available with a Select Term, Return of Premium, Universal Life, or Whole Life policy.
This rider provides insurance protection to age 95 with premiums level for 10, 20, or 30 years depending on the rider selected.
- Adds coverage for you or another person.
- Premium remains level for 10, 20, or 30 years (If you continue coverage after the initial term, premiums are likely to increase.)
- The rider is available on both the insured and an additional insured and can be converted to a permanent policy if lifetime coverage is needed.
- This rider is available with a Select Term or Whole Life policy.
Helps preserve your plan at a time when income may be limited due to a disability. If the insured becomes totally disabled for six continuous months, as defined in the policy, prior to age 60, this coverage will waive future premiums as long as the insured continues to be totally disabled. If the insured becomes disabled between the ages of 60 and 65, this coverage will waive premiums to the later of the third policy anniversary after total disability, and the anniversary when the insured is age 65.
1 Insurance policies and/or associated riders and features may not be available in all states, and policy terms and conditions may vary by state.
Find an agent
This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy.
For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions, and renewability, or to apply for coverage, contact your local State Farm agent.
There are limitations and conditions regarding payment of benefits due to misrepresentations on the application or when death is the result of suicide in the first two policy years.
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
Each State Farm insurer has sole financial responsibility for its own products.