Plan Ahead with Universal Life Insurance from State Farm®
Universal Life insurance is a permanent policy that allows you the flexibility to customize the coverage and premiums that meet your needs.
Get a Life Quote
A Universal Life insurance policy from State Farm changes along with your life. This flexible policy lets you raise or lower your coverage-and your premiums-to fit your needs.1 It even builds cash value you can use during your lifetime.
Starting at $25,000 for ages 0 to 19
Starting at $50,000 for ages 20 to 54
Starting at $25,000 for ages 55 to 85
- Premiums are flexible, you can pay your premiums monthly or annually.
- Your premiums (after an expense charge) are added to your account value.
- Every month, the cost of insurance for the policy and any riders, and any monthly expense charge are deducted from your account value.
- Interest is credited to your account value; the current interest rate may change monthly, but will never be less than the guaranteed rate stated in the policy when you purchased it.
- The cash value grows tax-deferred. Cash values can be accessed during your lifetime2.
- No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
Death Benefit Options
There are two death benefit options you can choose with a Universal Life insurance policy.
Provides a level death benefit equal to the Basic Amount of life insurance you choose.
Provides a death benefit that varies with your policy Account Value. Your death benefit is the amount of life insurance plus the policy Account Value.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare policies
Customize Your Policy
Add value to your policy with options and riders.3
Find an Agent
1 Increases in coverage are subject to underwriting and policy limits. Decreases in coverage are subject to policy limits.
2 Only four withdrawals are allowed per year ($500 minimum per withdrawal). Surrenders may be subject to a surrender charge. Unpaid loans and withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and the policy's cash value. Withdrawals also will reduce the policy account value/cash surrender value. Loans accrue interest.
This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy.
For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions, and renewability; or to apply for coverage, contact your local State Farm agent.
Insurance policies and/or associated riders and features may not be available in all states, and policy terms and conditions may vary by state.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)