Survivorship Universal Life Insurance — Leave a Legacy of a Lifetime
Survivorship Universal Life Insurance1 from State Farm® covers two people, and pays a benefit only after both have passed away. Since it costs less than two individual permanent policies, it's an affordable option to leave a larger nest egg for your heirs or favorite cause.
Get a Life Quote
|Coverage||Starting at $250,000|
|Issue Ages||20 to 90 (20 to 78 in CA)|
The Survivorship Universal Life policy can assist in planning for the following needs:
- Help preserve your estate — Even if you have dipped into your assets during retirement, the policy will leave death benefit proceeds that pass generally income-tax free to your beneficiaries. They could use the policy proceeds to help offset federal estate taxes, keeping your estate intact.2
- Business transition planning — Life insurance can help provide the funds needed to orderly transfer ownership of a business. For family-owned businesses, it can help make sure those interested in continuing the business can do so, while providing for non-interested heirs.
- Charitable Giving — Maybe you have a special place in your heart for a certain charity. With Survivorship Universal Life, you can truly make a difference.
- Funding a special-needs trust — For those needing extended care, life insurance can provide the funds to pay for expenses when caregivers are no longer living.
- Build tax-deferred cash value — The growth in cash value is federal tax-deferred and it can be accessed for a variety of personal needs.3
- Flexible premiums — Raise or lower premiums, depending on your changing needs or financial situation.
- Affordable — Since the policy pays only after two people have passed on, it costs less than two whole life or universal life insurance policies.
- Tax-free death benefit — No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare Policies
Customize Your Policy
Add even more value to your policy by buying any of these optional riders.4 A State Farm agent can help you customize a policy to meet your needs.5
Find an Agent
1 Survivorship Universal Life is the marketing name for Flexible Premium Joint and Last to Die Survivorship Adjustable Life Insurance.
2 State Farm agents do not provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Please consult your tax, legal, or investment advisor regarding your specific circumstances.
3 No more than four withdrawals can be made in any policy year. Withdrawals and unpaid loans will reduce the death benefit and policy cash value. Loans also accrue interest which further reduces the death benefit and cash value. Loans and withdrawals can have tax consequences.
4 Insurance policies and/or associated riders or features may not be available in all states, and policy terms and conditions vary by state.
5 With Survivor Universal Life it is possible that coverage will expire when either no premiums are paid following the initial premium or subsequent premiums are insufficient to continue coverage.
This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy. For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions; or to apply for coverage, contact a local State Farm agent.
There are limitations and conditions regarding payment of benefits due to misrepresentations on the application or when death is the result of suicide in the first two policy years.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
IL - 125.7