Joint Universal Life Insurance
Joint Universal Life Insurance is a flexible, economical way of providing for two individuals' needs within one policy, while building tax-deferred account value. It is similar to Universal Life except that the policy covers two people. The death benefit is paid upon the death of the first insured.
Get a Life Quote
Joint Universal Life has the following features:
- Flexibility — you decide the amount of premium payments*
- Death Benefit — life insurance proceeds are generally federal income tax-free to the beneficiary
- Option to purchase another policy for the surviving insured.
- Builds an account value, which grows income tax deferred under current federal income tax law.
- Ability to withdraw cash (or take loans) from your account when you need it to help with education expenses, provide a retirement supplement, or other personal objectives.
- Includes a broad range of riders and features to customize coverage.
The Joint Universal Life policy can help assist in planning for the following needs:
- Preserving Lifestyle — gives you the security of knowing loved ones will be taken care of in the event of premature death
- Business transition planning — Life insurance can help provide the funds to orderly transfer a business interest. For family owned businesses, it can help those interested in continuing the business do so, while also providing for heirs who are not interested in the business
- Access to account/cash value — The account value can be accessed via a policy loan or withdrawal to help with education expenses, provide a retirement supplement, or other personal objectives. Unpaid loans and withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and account value/cash surrender value. Loans accrue interest
|Coverage||Starting at $100,000|
Survivor Purchase Option
The Survivor Purchase Option allows the Survivor to purchase a new permanent policy without evidence of insurability at the first death of the insureds, and is available for 90 days if the first death of the insureds has occurred prior to the policy anniversary in which the Survivor is 75. See your State Farm™ agent for details.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare Policies
Customize Your Policy
Add even more value to your policy by buying any of these optional riders. A State Farm agent can help you customize a policy to meet your needs.
Find an Agent
*With Joint Universal Life it is possible that coverage will expire when either no premiums are paid following the initial premium or subsequent premiums are insufficient to continue coverage.
For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions, or to apply for coverage, contact a local State Farm agent.
Insurance policies and/or associated riders and features may not be available in all states, and policy terms and conditions may vary by state.
Only four withdrawals are allowed per year ($500 minimum per withdrawal). Surrenders may be subject to a surrender charge. Unpaid loans and withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and the policy's cash value. Withdrawals also will reduce the policy account value and cash surrender value. Loans accrue interest.
Changes in policy coverage amounts are subject to policy limits. Increases are subject to underwriting and may require additional premium. Decreases in coverage are subject to policy limits.
This is only a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
Each insurer is financially responsible for its own products.