Home insurance resources
Prepare for what the future may bring
Your home and neighborhood may evolve over time. Let's help make sure your homeowners insurance evolves too. Keep us informed about any changes that may affect your coverage, such as:
- Moving to a new residence or building a new home
- Changes in occupancy or ownership of your current home
- Remodeling or making improvements to your current home
- Adding a fire or security system
- Purchasing items – including computers, jewelry and furs – that might exceed your basic coverage
- Changes in inflation or building costs in your area, which may affect the cost to rebuild your home
Keep a record of your personal belongings. A completed home inventory will give you:
- A permanent record of the contents of your home and their estimated value
- A list of product brands and model and serial identification numbers
- A good estimate of personal property insurance coverage you need
Consider investing time and effort into completing your home inventory. You will be glad you did.
There are many factors that affect the financial decisions you make for your Home and Property. The following tools can help you better understand insurance costs, mortgage payments, and more.
Simple Insights® by State Farm
Take advantage of what we've learned through the years in Simple Insights.
The information in this article was obtained from various sources not associated with State Farm. While we believe it to be reliable and accurate, we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of the information. These suggestions are not a complete list of every loss control measure. The information is not intended to replace manuals or instructions provided by the manufacturer or the advice of a qualified professional. Nor is it intended to affect coverage under any policy. State Farm makes no guarantees of results from use of this information.
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
Winter Haven, FL
State Farm Lloyds
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas