Inland Marine Insurance Helps You Protect Your Business While You're Away
When you are working off-site, your business owners policy doesn't always cover your tools, equipment and computers, and this can put your business at risk. State Farm® offers comprehensive inland marine insurance needed to cover most business property including contractors' tools and equipment, as well as the property of others.
Find an Agent
What is Covered?
Inland marine insurance generally covers property that is movable or transportable in nature. It often covers property that needs broader protection than what may be provided by the typical property policy. Examples are:
- Computers/computer systems
- Tools and equipment for artisan contractors (from mobile equipment to hand tools)
- Fine Art Dealers/Galleries (covers the fine art and tools/equipment used in conjunction with fine art)
- Photographers camera equipment
- Motor Truck Cargo (covers the goods being carried by an insured trucker)
- Transportation Form (covers goods shipped by or to our insured via common carrier)
- Pet Groomers (covers their equipment, especially for those with mobile operations)
- Veterinarians (covers their equipment, especially when portable in nature)
- Vending Machine Form - used to cover vending machines (not the contents)
- Dealers Service Form - covers equipment used by servicing contractors / installers (appliances, flooring, plumbers, etc.)
Contact your agent today for assistance in determining your inland marine coverage needs.
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.