When Off Business Premises
Inland Marine Insurance Protects Business Property While You're Away
When you are working off-site, your businessowners policy doesn't always cover your tools, equipment and computers, and this can put your business at risk. We offer commercial inland marine insurance needed to cover most business property including contractors' tools and equipment.
Find an Agent
What is Covered?
Inland marine insurance generally covers property that is mobile in nature. It often covers property that needs broader protection than what may be provided by the typical property policy. Examples are:
- Computers/computer systems
- Tools and equipment for artisan contractors (from mobile equipment to hand tools)
- Fine Art Dealers/Galleries (covers the fine art and tools/equipment used in conjunction with fine art)
- Photographer's camera equipment
- Motor Truck Cargo (covers the goods being carried by an insured trucker)
- Transportation Form (covers goods shipped by or to our insured via common carrier)
- Animals (provides coverage for theft, escape, or death resulting from specific perils. Suitable for non-veterinary animal-related businesses)
- Veterinarians (covers animals belonging to others while in the custody of the Veterinarian)
- Vending Machine Form - used to cover vending machines (not the contents)
- Dealers Service Form - covers equipment used by servicing contractors / installers (appliances, flooring, plumbers, etc.)
Contact your State Farm agent today for assistance in determining your inland marine insurance needs.
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
Winter Haven, FL
State Farm Lloyds