About Our Ads & Tracking
We, along with our vendors, use several common tracking technologies on our website properties and in our mobile applications to collect information about your computer or device. These may include browser cookies, local shared objects (such as "Flash" cookies), mobile advertising or device IDs, analytical tools, or other technologies. We use these tools to:
- Acknowledge our customers and visitors.
- Store your information if you are registered on our site.
- Improve our websites, services, and functionality.
- Better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
- Assist with marketing and serve you with advertising and other content in which we think you will be interested. To do so, we may observe your behaviors when you interact with us on our properties, like websites or emails, or on other websites we do not control. We may also use information about your browsing history or your current interaction with our website properties or mobile applications that we collect from you or obtain from vendors.
- We share with, and collect website cookie IDs, web-beacons, mobile device IDs, and similar technologies, from our ad partners and vendors like Adobe to serve you interest based advertising.
- Coordinate with our partners, including through a Co-Op membership with Adobe, using de-identified data, to serve you our interest-based advertisements across various devices.
- Perform analytics.
- Prevent and investigate fraud.
State Farm® is committed to adhering to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To limit online behavioral advertising/cross device tracking by participating companies and to learn more, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance opt out page. In addition, you may opt out of this type of advertising, as it pertains to Adobe, by using Adobe’s opt-out tool as made available by Adobe.
Our site will, on some pages, cause your social network cookies to be transmitted to the social networks to which you belong, together with the "URL" of the State Farm web page you are visiting. This happens because of the social network widgets we use on some web pages to make it easy for you to interact with social networks. Depending on the policies of the social networks to which you belong and your user settings with those services, your social network may be able to track your browsing history. This information may be shared with social networks even if you are unaware of the presence of the widget or do not "click" on the widget. For more information and to control the data you share with social networks, you should consult the privacy policies and documentation of the social networks to which you belong.
State Farm Mobile Apps
We use advertising partners to serve you interest-based advertising. We share mobile advertising IDs with our advertising partners for this purpose. You can opt out of interest-based advertising by selecting the “limit ad tracking” or equivalent setting in your mobile device settings.
Last Updated 9/19
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.