Drive Safe & Save™ Mobile
Smart. Connected. In Control.
Enroll in Drive Safe & Save
Drive Safe & Save Mobile is available to State Farm® auto insurance customers in select states who have eligible smartphones. Just download the free app to your smartphone and connect to the Bluetooth® beacon sent to you.
There's no subscription fee required. Your smartphone, combined with the Bluetooth beacon provided, will collect basic information about your driving characteristics. The less you drive and the safer you drive1, the more you could save on your auto insurance.
To learn more about Drive Safe & Save Mobile, contact your agent or check out the FAQs.
Also check out our Troubleshooting Tips.
Setting Up Drive Safe & Save Mobile
The fewer miles you drive and the safer you drive, the more you could save on auto insurance. (Save an initial 5%1 when you sign up.) Drive Safe & Save from State Farm: It's as easy as 1-2-3.
Getting Started is Easy
Step 1: Enroll One of These Ways
Step 2: Complete Your Setup
- Activate the app on your phone by tapping the icon and logging in with the statefarm.com ® user ID and password for your vehicle(s). 2
- Follow the setup steps while in your vehicle (and not driving) with the Bluetooth beacon you received in the mail. After selecting your vehicle in the app, pair the app with the Bluetooth beacon. Record your odometer reading in the app, then keep the beacon in a safe place in your vehicle.
- Drive. Once the app setup is complete, bring your phone on every trip, keeping its Bluetooth and Location/GPS activated. A trip automatically begins when you start driving.
Step 3: Start Saving
It's that simple. Now you're in control of your Drive Safe & Save discount on your State Farm auto insurance premium. And remember, it's only available through State Farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ineligible phones will receive a message saying the device is not compatible. Features required for participation include:
- Trips can take up to 24 hours to appear in your app.
- Poor Location/GPS quality impacts the phone's ability to determine speed and/or distance and can affect the trip details that are logged.
- The trip will appear to be shorter than expected if connectivity to the Bluetooth beacon was lost because Bluetooth was turned off. Leave Bluetooth on at all times while driving.
- Low phone battery can impact trip recording and Location/GPS quality. This can be avoided by plugging in and charging the phone while driving. Keep phone battery life above 20% at all times.
- The battery in the Bluetooth beacon may be depleted. Check the Bluetooth beacon and make sure that the red light turns on briefly when the small white button on the front of the beacon is pushed and held for a few seconds. If not, call our 24/7 tech support line at 888-559-1922.
- The Bluetooth beacon may not be paired in the app. Log into the app and tap on the vehicle to see which beacon is paired to the vehicle.
- Check for available updates in the App Store or Play Store.
- If phone memory is full, the app will not be able to record trip data and temporarily store it on the phone.
- The Drive Safe & Save enrollment of the vehicle may have changed. Log in to the app. Does the status text under the vehicle name still indicate enrollment in Drive Safe & Save Mobile? If not, contact your State Farm agent.
Your Drive Safe & Save Account
Manage your account
Have More Drive Safe & Save Mobile Questions?
If you're unable to find what you're looking for here, you can call our 24/7 tech support line at 888-559-1922.
1Availability and discounts may vary by state and coverages selected. A discount may not be available in North Carolina, depending on individual facts and circumstances.
2You'll need to log in to your statefarm.com account for this vehicle to complete setup. The policy must be in the format of a first and last name. Businesses, trusts, DBA, etc., are not eligible at this time for a statefarm.com account. Contact your State Farm agent for details.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas